THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 29, 2010

My Brother, Jared

My brother, Jared Bill Bullington!









Hello! Sorry it's been a few days since my last post. My original idea was to post about each of my siblings every day this week, but I got sick so that didn't happen. I don't get sick much, but when I do it puts me down for a few days. It's just a really bad cold, it's just annoying to feel bad. But I wanted to go ahead and post about my brother, Jared. I am going in age order if you didn't know. :)

My brother, Jared Bill was born on February 25, 1993. He was born two weeks before a blizzard which is really rare for Georgia. But of course it would happen when my parents had a newborn. Lol. My brother and I have had our ups and downs through the years, but I love him very much and would do anything for him. Just before writing this post, I was looking through pictures trying to find some of Jared and me and I kept thinking about so many wonderful memories of him, my siblings and me growing up together. Since my family has most of the pictures I don't really have any pics of Jared and me, but I will post some of him growing up. And of course I will share some great memories! :)

Jared, growing up, was all boy. Meaning, that he loved to be outdoors, hunt, fish, build things, etc. All things boys like to do. Jared and I were a lot alike back then. We adored Native Americans and collected Native American things. I remember once when Carla, Jared and I begged Mama if we could stay up from nap that day so we could make a surprise. :) She finally agreed to let us stay up and after she, Mandy, Maria Rose, and James Greg went to sleep we got to work. Every year we always loved to go to the local Indian Pow-wow, and we decided to make one of our own. Jared and I took all the Native American memorabilia out of our rooms and set it up on tables. We also built a small teepee and fire. Carla and I made tickets for everyone and also made refreshments and drinks. After Mama and my other siblings got up from nap, we gave them the grand tour. We were so proud of it, and I remember Mama saying she was actually impressed with what we did. :)

I also remember Jared, Carla and me in the woods building huts. :) Sometimes only Jared and I would go out on our adventures. I was more tomboy than I am now. I loved fishing, hunting, building huts, camping out, etc. with Jared. I remember once when we decided to camp out and live off the land for a night. Our brilliant plan was to catch fish and fry fried green tomatoes for supper. We went fishing in the creek down below our house and we caught some minnows which are tiny fish. We went in the garden and picked a few green tomatoes. Jared taught me how to clean fish and I tried to make fried green tomatoes without any flour haha. We ate the fish (roasted over our fire), but of course the tomatoes were not tasty. Later that night we were hungry so went into the garden, picked some ripe tomatoes this time, and sat at our tent eating tomatoes to satisfy our hunger. :) For breakfast we decided to go back to the house and eat. Lol!

When I became about 15/16 we grew apart for two or three years. We were always fighting and tattling on each other. I don't know what happened, but that was not a fun time. But thankfully we got over that small stage. When Mama was sick, Jared, Carla and me helped my dad a lot on the house he was building. Jared was always a big help to my dad. Jared is also the one who can make me laugh when no one can. He has always had that ability. He has a very humorous side to him if he chooses to let it show. Now when I talk to him, we talk "electronics". He is very talented with anything electronic, and has helped me on some occasions. We also keep up to date with new movies, new books, new music.

Jared and I are the only ones in my family who has red hair. My mama told me once she didn't want children with red hair because she was afraid they would have the "orange-red" hair, and she didn't like that. Her first child (me) was born with red hair lol and her third child, Jared was born with red hair. Jared's was always a little bit lighter than me, but red none-the-less. Jared and I also had the same last two initials until I got married of course. His initials are JBB and mine were (my maiden name) PBB. We always liked that and would put that on gifts we would give to each other. :)

Jared, if you are reading this I want to let you know that you mean so much to me. I pray for you everyday, and I would do anything for you. If you ever need anything, please don't ever feel like you can't come to me. I know how that feels and I don't want any of you to feel like you don't have the freedom of talking to someone and being afraid of getting into trouble. You are one of the best brothers a sister could ever ask for. Always keep me laughing and you will always be my red headed buddy. :)
I love you,
Paige


Jared with his little cowboy boots on.


Jared kissing Mama's hand. Mama always wanted her sons to be gentlemen so when Jared was little she would say, "be a gentlemen" and he would kiss her hand. :D


Jared in his Native America clothes.


Jared with his first deer he killed. I think he was nine.


Jared and me moving a shelf my dad built into my little sister's room. Jared's pretending he is stuck. :) Back in 2005-2006.


My siblings and me at my grandparents house. It was sometime in 2001-2002 I think.


1 comments:

Jackie owen said...

Super! Great job, big sister - brought tears to my eyes. Love ya' - Grandpa