THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Sis, Mandy!

Mandy Anne Bullington










Hello everyone! Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday! Today I am continuing my posts about my siblings with the next one in line, Mandy. It's about time I did so because she asked me once why I haven't blogged about her since I blogged about Carla and Maria Rose in the past. I told her that I needed a reason to post about something, but I have to come to realize it doesn't matter. It's my blog so I can post about anything I want and whenever I want. :) So I apologize Mandy that I haven't posted about you until now.


My sis, Mandy Anne was born February 7, 1995. She is the only one named after my mom. My mom's middle name was Anne. Mandy has always had her own unique personality. When she was little I wasn't as close to her since I was several years older and Carla was more my age. We always referred to Mandy, Maria Rose and James Greg as the "little ones". But since she has grown, I have become much closer to her. In fact all my siblings are growing up too fast! I can't believe she will be sixteen in a few months, blows my mind.


Mandy at our cousin's wedding.



When Mandy was little she had some funny quirks about her. She loved to collect paper, we called her a little pack rat. She probably doesn't want me to share this information, but I'm going to haha. What are big sisters for? LOL! All her little purses would be stuffed with random papers and we would have to clean out her room once in awhile when she wasn't there. When she was little she also did not like the toilet. The reason being once it had stopped up and the water overflowed when it was flushed. That scared her so badly. We would ask her why she was afraid of the toilet, and she would say, "it went up and down, up and down" while demonstrating for us with her hands. :) For a long time she would freak out when she had to go to a new bathroom because of the toilet.

When she was little she was scared of a lot of things. She did not like lullaby's, she would start crying if she heard one being sung. She got a baby doll once that sang a lullaby and she hated that doll. She also didn't like the baby mobile above the baby bed being played. I think maybe they sounded sad and she didn't like that. She also LOVED Precious Moments and Winnie the Pooh.


Mandy riding her bike.



She also took after my mom, Carla and me with reading. We are bookworms and she is one, too. Mama would also ask us a lot to scratch her back, and Mandy was always willing to do it. Mama would tease Carla and me saying that Mandy was her princess for scratching her back. That would get on our nerves, but Mama only did it to tease us. She never picked favorites out of her children. Mandy also loved to play dress-up when she was little. She would always have on something, a tiara, plastic high heel shoes, jewelry, princess gloves, dresses, etc. It didn't matter what it was, she loved to always have something pretty on.

Mandy standing in front of the Christmas tree. December/2004



I remember the day Mama died, I found Mandy on the front porch by herself crying. I sat down with her, talking to her about Mama and all what had gone on. We sat there with each other, crying and comforting each other. That's a memory I will never forget and will always cherish.


Mandy in front of an old car. July/2009



Mandy is such a loving, caring girl. She is also very smart, and I'm so proud she is my sister. She is very easy-going and loves to laugh and have a good time. She is not afraid to speak her mind, and that is an awesome personality trait. Mandy if you are reading this, I want you to know that I love you so much! I pray everyday that God show you how much I love you. I'm also sorry if I hurt you by moving out, I didn't mean to do that. You are one of the best sisters a girl could ever ask for. You mean so much to me, and I would do anything for you. If you ever need to talk, I am here. I miss you so much and can't wait to see you again. I will love you forever!
I love you,
Paige

Mandy and me reading together.


Mandy and me.


Mandy and me July/2009


Mandy and me July/2009


Easter of 95 or 96. Carla, Jared, Mandy and me.


Carla, Mandy and me Christmas of 1995.


Jared, Carla, Maria Rose, Mandy, James Greg and me. Sometime in 2000.


1 comments:

jackie.owen said...

Another superb blog! Thanks, Paige. Grandma and I love it!